CHECK US OUT ON INSTAGRAM! @contentandcompany

LIFE AT CONTENT: Fall Chicken Sausage Skillet

Full disclosure, I am not a cook. That's to say, I feel pretty unmotivated in the kitchen and spend less than .05% of my week making meals.

Thinking back to my twenties, there was a period of time when I prepared the same meal for myself, every night, for months. And didn't think twice about it. 

I have a simple pallet, but more importantly, I am a lazy cook Hell, if you ever chatted with me at a party, you'll learn two things. 1. I hate to drink water and 2. John does all the cooking at Content.


With all that said, I am trying to embrace my shortcomings and grow. No, I doubt I will ever love drinking water (ewh) but from time-to-time I will find myself in front of the stove with something half way decent cooking before me. And when that half-way decent meal impresses John, I assume it's worth sharing because I can't be the only lazy cook out there, right?

I made up this recipe with all Trader Joe's ingredients. Enjoy!

Fall Chicken Sausage Skillet

INGREDIENTS

2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 can (14.5 oz each) Roasted Diced Tomatoes (do not drain)

1 pkg (12 oz each) fully cooked Sundried Tomato chicken sausage, sliced diagonally (rounds look like hot dogs...)

1/2 medium squash julienne

1/2 can (14.5 oz each) Artichoke Hearts drained and halved legthwise

1 lb of pasta (substitute quinoa, rice)

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided

Salt and pepper, to taste


DIRECTIONS

STEP ONE
Brown sausage and saute onions. On low heat, deglaze the pan by adding the chicken broth and scrape bottom of pan. 

STEP TWO 
Stir together sausage, broth, onion, tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add squash and artichokes, incorporate lightly. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10-12 minutes or until squash is steamed.

STEP THREE
Prepare starch following instruction on package (pasta, quinoa, rice)

STEP THREE
Add 1/4 cup cheese to skillet, stirring constantly until cheese melts. Plate starch, top with skillet mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, salt and pepper, to taste.



What do you think of this recipe? Would you make any changes or try susbituting different ingedients. Comment below!

xo
Courtney


Comments